FreezerNanny is a system that some geeks and weirdos at Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan made to monitor our 57 lab freezers and rooms.
· FreezerNanny uses Wi-Fi, the mostly used wireless technology with well established infrastructure. In comparison, many existing systems use a less popular wireless technology with uncommon devices, such as repeater and receiver demanding special maintenance.
· FreezerNanny allows user to access our centralized alert system through web without any software setup/maintenance. In contrast, many existing systems require local setup, with special software and dedicated computer.
· FreezerNanny only needs user to connect a soap-size box to a sensor inside freezer and power source, while many existing commercial systems require trained technicians on-site to setup special wireless network.
· Freezernanny can scale out to monitor a large number of freezers for many projects across different geographic locations.
· Cost. Wear a jaw protector before asking for any numbers, please.
· FreezerNanny is being commercialized at FreezerNanny.com